IVF is an artificial method of pregnancy where fertilization occurs outside the woman’s body. In this process the ovum is fertilized in a petri dish under the optimal temperature of the incubator in a laboratory and then transferred to the uterus of the same woman or another woman. If a fertilized egg is transferred to the uterus of the other woman then this process is called surrogacy. Nowadays many couples are dealing with infertility and they are seeking a proper fertility clinic or IVF center which will cover all the aspects of the treatment. It is a very sensitive procedure and finding a good clinic is very important.
While looking for the treatment, to choose the best IVF centers you should keep in mind these things –
- Gather information about the clinic – while looking for the best clinic you should not only look for the brand name of the clinic but also all the pros and cons of the clinic or IVF center. You can visit their website and check what are the services they are providing and which modern technology and equipment they are using. All doctors are visiting their premises. You should also remember that the facility should not be far away from your place as it can cause trouble while travelling within your pregnancy or there should be enough accessibility to the IVF center.
- Rate of success – success rate of any fertility clinic or IVF center matters a lot when you are deciding on getting treatment from them. You can refer to word of mouth from your friends, relatives and colleagues about the IVF center, how they are doing at their facility and you can also opt for patient testimonials on their website or reviews on google to get an idea . But , word of mouth is the most preferred method to know the actual scenario of the treatment facility while patient testimonials and google reviews can be sometimes fake as well.
- IVF Specialist – another important parameter while choosing the IVF clinic is the specialist or doctor , who will be treating your disease and cure your problem. You should make sure that your IVF specialist doctor is well qualified and has enough experience to offer effective treatment. And , if you are more comfortable with female doctors then you should also keep that in your mind while choosing your treatment provider. You should also build a good rapport with your specialist so that you can discuss more effectively.
- Cost for the treatment – cost of the IVF treatment is quite expensive. So , you need to know the payment procedures, budget , offers and financial risk related treatment procedure. You should find out such an IVF center which will provide you with an affordable treatment plan within your budget and will also tell you about schemes to meet the plan.
- Health insurance – some health insurance policies cover IVF treatment plans while some don’t. You should check if your health insurance covers this IVF treatment or not. Even if your health insurance plan doesn’t cover this treatment of IVF then it may have coverage of fertility diagnostic procedures. Or , you can consult with your doctor if he/she can be a part of your IVF treatment plan or not.
- Loan or EMI facility – Some IVF centers have EMI or loan facilities to avail the treatment , you should look for those IVF centers where those loan facilities are available.
- DNA & NIPT testing services – NIPT is a new prenatal screening test that provides genetic health information of the baby without risk of invasive procedures such as amniocentesis, chorionic villus sampling . it also detects common chromosomal abnormality like – Trisomy 13 (Patau’s Syndrome) ,Trisomy 18 (Edwards’ Syndrome) Trisomy 21 (Down’s syndrome), Microdeletions – 20 specific diseases – DiGeorge syndrome, Williams syndrome, Prader-Willi syndrome, Angelman syndrome, Hereditary Neuropathy with Liability to Pressure Palsy (HNPP), Rubinstein-Taybi syndrome, Miller-Dieker syndrome and many more.
- Latest & advanced technology – using the latest technology may generate a huge impact over the treatment. Advancement of technology in treatment procedures improves the situation day by day. Before choosing your IVF centre make sure they are using the latest technologies like preimplantation genetic screening. Make sure they grow embryos to blastocyst level which can make huge success.
You can look for these option as a reference – Apollo hospitals , max healthcare, pulse women’s hospital, BLK hospital, Indira infertility & IVF center, Virk center for human reproduction, Hiranandani hospital, Shivani fertility & mother care, bloom IVF clinic, Aveya IVF & surrogacy Center. These are some top fertility clinics or hospitals which provide quality care treatment while providing IVF treatment.