When we think about home exercise equipment, the first name that comes to everyone’s mind, is “treadmill”. For effective aerobic exercise, the treadmill is the most conventional substitute. Walking is the best exercise, still, people avoid walking. If you are one of those who avoid walking, walking on the treadmill you must try You can do walking as well as running on the treadmill. Besides these, there are few exercises that you can do on the treadmill. If you use the treadmill regularly, your stamina can be increased.
If you are not a gym person, you can buy the best treadmill in India for your home and can enjoy your workout without going to the gym.
Let’s go ahead with the topic – pros and cons of a treadmill to understand the use of a treadmill.
Benefits you’ll get after starting workout on a treadmill
- The treadmill is the most suitable equipment for workouts in the home.
- The treadmill comes with a foreseen exterior that is extremely convenient as compared to footpaths, hindrances, and other paths.
- Doing a workout on the treadmill means you can control everything such as activity speed, warm-up time, cool-down time, the energy you want to utilize, and so on.
- You can use the treadmill the time you are free and plan your schedule.
- The treadmill can be used by many people without modifying the structure.
- Some treadmills come with exclusive traits like step counters and heart rate monitors to track your activities.
- With a treadmill, you can melt more calories than walking and cycling.
- While doing a workout on the treadmill, you can enjoy watching television or read books. This is the best way to enjoy your workout.
If you are looking for equipment to lose your extra pounds or want to get into better shape, the treadmill can be your best alternative. It gives more benefits than you can get through walking or cycling.
Downsides to using a treadmill
- It is pretty high in price.
- If you are just starting on a treadmill, at the initial stage it can be a little stressful for your hip, knee, and ankle joints.
- Treadmill takes more space and it can’t be folded. If your house is small, it can be quite painful for you to manage the treadmill.
- Treadmill maintenance requires professional help and it can be a little expensive.
- Few treadmills come with noisy motors which are somehow irritating for other people.
- With a treadmill, you can only do walking or running which sounds boring to some people.
Things to check before buying a treadmill:
Buying a treadmill is an expensive deal so before getting one for yourself make sure that you are doing your research properly. Let’s consider a few factors and features to help you purchase the best treadmill in India for your home.
- You must check the power rating of the motor that usually varies between 1.5 to 3.0; If the rating is high, the motor is powerful and works for a longer duration. Don’t go with the low ratings.
- The running surface area of the treadmill should be long and wide enough so that you can comfortably do walking and jogging on it. Otherwise, you can fall. To prevent such an accident check the surface area of the treadmill before buying.
- The quality of the cushioning should be excellent. Excellent quality cushioning provides sufficient suction so that it won’t affect your joints.
- Electronics and manual controls should be easy to understand and operate.
- Examine the noise volume for both walking and running modes.
- The handrails of the treadmill should be attached properly so that it won’t cause any misfortunes.
The bottom line
Now, you got the complete manual before buying the treadmill including its merits and demerits. When you are buying a treadmill or any other product be clear about your requirements and bring the right product to your home.
Bringing the right product to your home involves lots of hard work, patience, and research skills. Especially, if are living in India, you might be living in a large family. The treadmill you are going to buy will be used by other members too. So make sure that the treadmill you are purchasing is suitable for every member.