Here, I will describe to you in this article, how to do anulom villom pranayama and while knowing this, we will also talk about which things should be kept in mind while practicing Anulom Villom. Anulom Villom is a type of pranayama. That is also known as breathing Asana.
How to do Anulom-Villom pranayama?
Follow the steps below while doing Anulom Villom Pranayama. Read precautions carefully before start doing this asana.
1. First choose a quiet place (river bank, garden, terrace) and place a mat or sheet on it.
2. Now sit in a comfortable posture at your convenience. (You can sit in the position of Padmasana, Siddhasana). But be comfortable with the pose.
3. Calm the mind and close the right nostril of the nose with the thumb of the right hand. Now fill the breath in the count of 3 from the left nostril of the nose.
4. Now close the left nostril with the two fingers next to the thumb. After doing this, remove the thumb from the right nostril and release the breath slowly.
5. Now reverse the number 3 issue, that is, fill the breath with the right nostril for a count of 3.
6. Now close the right nostril, open the left nostril, and exhale the breath slowly in a count of 6.
7. By doing this process, one cycle of Anulom Villom Pranayama is completed.
8. You can do this pranayama for 5 to 15 minutes. But you should do this pranayama only for 5 minutes in the beginning days of practice.
Best Time of Doing Anulom Antonym Pranayama
Anulom Vilom Pranayam should be done in the early morning before the day comes out. Early morning is the best time of doing this asana because you get fresh air inside you that gives positive energy your whole day activity. Being a new learner, having trouble while practicing yoga, you can go through Yoga School in Rishikesh.
Benefits of Doing Anulom-Vilom Pranayama –
1. Anulom Vilom Pranayama calms the mind.
2. This practice of Pranayama purifies the pulse of the body and cleanses the blood.
3. Anulom Vilom Pranayama increases the concentration of the mind by removing stress and fatigue.
4. Strengthens the digestive system.
5. Regular practice of this pranayama brings older age people to get sleep (people suffering from insomnia). And energy remains active in old age.
6. Does not allow the body temperature to decrease.
7. Anulom Vilom Pranayama is very beneficial for asthma patients. (Do take doctor’s advice)
8. Anulom Vilom Pranayam is very good for focusing.
9. Maintains an oxygen level in the body and strengthens the respiratory system.
10. Anulom Vilom Pranayama eliminates high blood pressure.
11. For migraine, the practice of Anulom Vilom Pranayama is beneficial.
12. Eliminates constipation and other stomach problems.
13. Anulom Vilom Pranayama increases the glow of the skin.
Precautions: Keep these things in mind while doing Anulom-Vilom Pranayama
1. Anulom Vilom Pranayam should not be done by a pregnant woman.
2. Do not take Anulom Vilom without a doctor’s advice to the patients with heart disease.
3. Do not stress too much while breathing and hold the breath to the best of your ability.
4. While doing Anulom Vilom pranayama, breathe in through the nose, breath should not be taken through the mouth.
5. While doing pranayama, do not press too much on the nostrils comfortably with fingers.
6. While practicing Anulom Vilom Pranayama, the time of exhalation should be double the time of breathing in.
Conclusion: Yoga calms the body and mind and develops energy in the body. Yoga has many physical and mental benefits, but it should not be used in place of any medicine. It is important that while doing any yoga asana, learn and do according to the instructions of any yoga instructor. If you have any physical problem or dilemma, then you should contact your yoga instructor or any doctor before doing yoga.